Monday, October 4, 2010

Who turned out the lights?

It was a beautiful day yesterday until later in the evening when the wind began to blow and rain soon followed. The back door was open with the screen shut, I LOVE the smell of rain!
I had just put Kendyl down to sleep and I settled in to join Bryson in watching a cartoon when the lights flickered a few times. Each time they did I noticed a bright light illuminating the sky coming from the southwest. Then finally we were left sitting in the dark. That is when "huddle time" began! Without fail, every time the lights go out everyone in the house huddles together.

We found our candles and flashlights and it was fun to just hang out and talk about anything and everything!

The boys eating Ritz crackers and cheese spread.

Soon after we decided to call it a night and head for bed. There we were (Brady, Bryson and myself) trying to fall asleep in our bed. Why we didn't put Bryson in his own bed I have no idea, when the huddle effect is in place all rules go out the window!

Luckily the lights turned back on by 10:15 PM.
What did I learn?
That we run a circus around here!
Every light was on, TVs and everything. I would have loved to see what the three of us looked like coming out of the room with squinted eyes to what seemed like a party in Vegas!

No comments: