Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bye, Bye Binky!

I told myself that I was going to get rid of Kendyl's Binky habit in May so as May the 1st rolled around it was time!  I knew that I wanted to do it starting in the morning so when I announced to Kendyl that it was time to take a bath she happened to spit out her Binky as she raced for the tub.  I remember just looking down at the Binky thinking "that's it, that's how it's going to end?".  I was sad, sad that it was time, but not before one last picture with her Binky.  I picked it up called her back to me and gave it to her for a quick picture.  Then as she was focused on her bath, I picked up all the Binky's I could find and hid them.  

 Getting impatient that I want to take a picture and she wants a bath!
 She did very well without the Binky the whole day!
That evening I set up the bounce house outside for the kiddos and neighbors to play in.
During the bounce time Kendyl hurt her left arm and after a very quick visit to Insta-care where they easily popped it back into place she was good to go.  I did cave and give her the Binky while she was hurting and took it away just as fast when she dropped it to play with the neighbors again and she has never had it since!  She fell asleep great that night!  The next morning she was motioning me to go to her room for something and I instantly knew why, I went with her and I helped her look around for a Binky and after I told her that I couldn't find it she dropped the subject.  She never asked for it again, so sad to be past that stage, but considering it was so easy to get rid of it means she must have never really needed it!
Bye, bye Binky!

No comments: