Thursday, April 12, 2012

Girls Trip to Arizona!


I got a call from Shanna one night asking if I wanted to go to Arizona!! I asked when and her response was "soon", as in two weeks soon.  I looked over at Brady who has gathered half of the conversation from my side and he says "go ahead, I will take care of the kids"! 
Thanks to our niece Alisha and my good friend Shannon who tended the kiddos while Brady was at work, I was able to go have 5 very fun days away in Arizona with 5 amazing women!

Ruelinda had a home in Arizona that we stayed in, it was gorgeous!




The first thing we did when we made it to the house was change into swimsuits and head straight to the backyard!
Jenn going down the slide!
Shanna!
Me!
We stayed home the first night to relax... and watch a movie but everyone was so relaxed that we all fell asleep before it was over.  
You know that you are having fun when you wake up each morning to go lay out by the pool, then finally get ready for the day around 2 PM each day!
Laying by the pool, eating, and shopping is all we did for 5 days, it was great!
Linsey and I waiting for the last of the shopping girls to make it back to the cars!
We got into the habit of having a "Fashion Show" every night of every one's shopping finds for the day!
There's nothing like having your own Zumba instructor with you!

Loved seeing this cactus in bloom, it only bloomed for a day before the flowers died off.
Lindsey, Jenn & Shanna having a refreshing dip at the end of their morning exercise!


Might as well go down the slide while you're at it too!


Shop till you drop takes on a whole new meaning for me now.  We went to Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall today, it was nice that we all just split up and went where we wanted.  That mall is huge!  I would hit stores for a while then text someone to see how close they were to me, go see what they are looking at, then take off again.  My feet were killing me by the end of the night and right when I'd think we were driving home for the night we'd pull into yet another shopping center.  
Although I was away I was always thinking about my little family!  Thankfully with facetime I was able to see them every day!


The cute pictures that Brady sent me were added bonuses!
It looks like they were having tons of fun with Daddy!


Another day by the pool with Tanya!
We ate at a Mexican restaurant called "Arriba Mexican Grill", it was so, so good.  I crave that place a lot now!
Shanna, Ruelinda, Me, Linsey, Jenn, and Tanya!
What we thought was a quick fill up for both vehicles turned into one of the funniest times in Arizona.  Everyone began offering to pay for gas trying to not let Ruelinda pay since we have already been staying in her house.  So Jenn tries to use her card and the gas pump asks for the zip code as after you swipe your card.  They could not get the pump to accept their payments so they would move the car up to a different pump.  By the third pump change I asked Jenn if she knew what her zip code to her credit card was, after asking that I see Jenn's eyes get big and she just dies in laughter.  I can only assume that she is trying to input a different zip code.  Ruelinda kept trying to slide her card in after Jenn's attempts but the pump still doesn't acknowledge the new card. 
So on they go to yet another pump!
At the fifth pump Ruelinda waves off Jenn forbidding her from even touching the pump!  This was seriously the funniest gas station trip ever!
It was time to head home, but not before a last minute flash mob in the airport!
This was the best trip, so fun to get away, relax and have great company!

2 comments:

Joann said...

How fun! That house looks amazing. It's so nice to get away every now and then! Where is that park with the blue slides that Brady took the kids?? I've never seen it, it looks fun.

shanna knowles said...

best trip ever!! best company too! xoxo