Friday, May 31, 2013

So long house

 
We closed on the house yesterday, cleared out the rest of our stuff and I have this afternoon to clean a little and lock up.
The kiddos went to play over at the Wilson's house while I finished up with the house. 
I got a text notifying me of all the paperwork having gone through and that we were home free, my clue that it's time to leave. 
Just then all the kiddos came over and ran around the house and the empty rooms screaming.  
 I took a couple last pictures of our empty home, then closed the door behind me.  I can't even explain how sad and bitter sweet it is to walk away from something that you loved for so long.



The whole experience was surreal.  The kiddos all ran back across the street to play at the Wilson's and I moved my car across the street just in case the new owner arrived.  Sure enough within ten minutes the new owner arrived and began moving in.  My heart was sad, yet relieved that it was all behind us now. I rounded up the kiddos, walked across the street for one last mail box check and we pulled away.
It's so sad to think that I can't walk back into that house again, but many new memories are ahead in our forever home!
 

No comments: